Welcome to 6th Grade Math in Ms. Heller's Class!
Tuesday, September 19th: Study Guide given in class
Wednesday and Thursday, September 20th and 21st (Block Days): 6.NS.B.4 Quick Check
Friday, September 22nd: In-Class Test Review Session
Monday, September 25th: Number Systems Test Multiple Choice
Tuesday, September 26th: Number Systems Test Short Answer
Course Information: In Grade 6, instructional time will focus on four critical areas: 1. completing understanding of division of fractions and extending the notion of number to the system of rational numbers, which includes negative numbers; 2. Connecting ratio and rate to whole number multiplication and division and using concepts of ratio and rate to solve problems; 3. writing, interpreting, and using expressions and equations; and 4. developing understanding of statistical thinking.
Standard Quick Check Retake Policy:
Standard Quick Check Retakes:
- Retakes must be taken within a week of getting the first quick check grade back.
- These retakes can be taken during 5th period study hall, a student's directed study hall, and before/after school.
- If a student is going to come during their directed study or before/after school, they must make an appointment with Ms. Heller.
- The retake grade replaces the first standard quick check grade (even if it is worse).
- Students are only allowed one retake per quick check.