Cost: One-time membership fee of $35.
- Must have completed or be enrolled in their third CTE course (personal finance qualifies only for students in the business pathway).
- Must have (and maintain) an overall GPA of at least 3.0 on the 4.0 scale
- Must have (and maintain) a GPA of at least 3.5 on the 4.0 scale for CTE courses
- Must either participate in a chapter service project per semester or complete an additional 10 hours of community service per year.
- These hours can be earned by working in the coffee shop before school. See the signup genius on the right side of the page.
- Must complete the requirements for Work Ethic Distinction through the Rutherford County Chamber of Commerce during their senior year.
- Must attend the meetings. If a member has three or more unexcused absences, they will no longer be eligible for membership.
- If a member should receive out-of-school suspension, they are no longer eligible for membership and scholarships.
Honor Cord: Students who fulfill all membership requirements are eligible to wear an honor cord at graduation.
Philanthropy: The Central Magnet chapter of NTHS has adopted Kymari House as our philanthropy. At least once a semester, we will complete a group service project to benefit this organization.
Leadership: Juniors who are interested in being a member of the NTHS Leadership committee, download the application linked on the right side of the page. Deadlines for submitting the application will be discussed at the first meeting. Students are eligible to apply for the leadership committee as a junior and serve a two-year term.
Scholarships: Members of NTHS are eligible to apply for scholarships through the national organization. The list of scholarships can be found here. You must be a registered, paid member in order to apply. The deadlines for these scholarships are in January.