The National Technical Honor Society is an honor society established in 1984 to honor student achievement and leadership in career and technical education, promote educational excellence, award scholarships, and enhance career opportunities for the NTHS membership. Members will be eligible to apply for scholarships through the National Technical Honor Society.
2020 - 2021 School Year
Cost: One-time membership fee of $35. Complete this form before turning in your membership fee to your CTE teacher. The deadline to submit the form and your payment is Wednesday, December 16th. This is a hard deadline due to the end of the semester and the deadlines for joining the National Organization.
You must complete these requirements to be eligible for the NTHS cord for graduation.
- Must have completed or be enrolled in their third CTE course (personal finance qualifies only for students in the business pathway).
- Must have (and maintain) an overall GPA of at least 3.0 on the 4.0 scale
- Must have (and maintain) a GPA of at least 3.5 on the 4.0 scale for CTE courses
- Must complete 5 independent service hours this year.
- Must complete the requirements for Work Ethic Distinction through the Rutherford County Chamber of Commerce during their senior year.
- We will have 4 virtual meetings during the spring semester (1 per month). You must attend at least 3 of the 4 meetings.
- If a member should receive out-of-school suspension, they are no longer eligible for membership and scholarships.
Honor Cord: Students who fulfill all membership requirements are eligible to wear an honor cord at graduation.
Scholarships: Members of NTHS are eligible to apply for scholarships through the national organization. The list of scholarships can be found here. You must be a registered, paid member in order to apply. The deadlines for these scholarships are in January.