1. We added to and discussed our major text question of "Are human beings essentially good or evil?"
2. We then added to our writings and discussion by questioning how our societal structures reveal our ideas about human nature.
2. Read chapters 1-3 of Lord of the Flies by Wednesday.
3. Writing lab appointments and reflections for the TFA essay are due on Wednesday. Essay rewrites (optional for most) are due on turnitin.com by the end of the day Wednesday.
1. We charted the ideas of Hobbes, Locke, Montequieu, and Rousseau.
1. Read Ch. 1-3 by Wednesday.
2. Writing lab appointments and reflections for the TFA essay are due on Wednesday. Essay rewrites (optional for most) are due on turnitin.com by the end of the day Wednesday.
3. Author's Chair is Friday!
Students turned in their writing lab reflections today at the beginning of class.
1. We reviewed comma rule 12b with the Harbrace and a mentor sentence. If you were absent, you can copy these notes from a friend.
2. We took a quiz on chapters 1-3. See me to make this up.
3. We discussed how the concept of a frame story helps set up the emerging themes in Lord of the Flies and also provided evidence for how Golding is exploring the ideas of civilization and savagery so far in the text.
1. Revised essays are due on turnitin.com tonight.
2. Author's Chair Friday!
3. Read chapters 4-6 by Monday.