Club Rotation Week: B
Club Sponsor: Coach Burns
Where the Club meets: Room 202
What to bring: Your laptop
The GIS Club is for middle school students at Central Magnet who have an interest in geography and geospatial technologies. We will learn about real world applications of GIS and practice using the technology, leading to the creation of our own unique Story Maps in the spring, which may be entered into the Tennessee ArcGIS Online Map Contest. Check out the videos below to learn a little about Geographic Information Systems. Remember to bring your laptop!
What is GIS?
StoryMap Contest Info
- Official Contest Website
- Guidelines - rules for use of video, images, etc.
- Judging Criteria - includes a rubric for how it will be graded/scored
- Former entries - see what has been done and what has won, get ideas but do what YOU want to do
- Build your StoryMap
- Get started with ArcGIS Online
- Get started creating maps
- Let Coach Burns know if you are working together or with a partner.
- Begin creating your StoryMap
- Join the Central Magnet ArcGIS Organization (you will receive an email)
- Get started with ArcGIS StoryMaps
When: B Rotation
Where: Room 202
Who: Middle School Only
Bring a laptop!