- Gather the required documentation. You will need documentation of your student's grades and test scores from the 2021 - 2022 and 2022 - 2023 school years. Only applications that are complete will be processed.
- Click here for the application. Log on to the Scribbles platform.
- Create a family dashboard account.
- Add your students, select Central Magnet School, and upload your required documentation.
- Submit your application.
- You will receive an email confirmation that your application was submitted.
A student must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA in their 5 core subjects (Mathematics, Language Arts, Reading, Social Studies, and Science) for the previous two years at the time of application. The student must also be at or above the 80th percentile in two areas of the TCAP for each of the previous two years at the time of application.
Points will be assigned for each TCAP score, and the GPA for the previous two years. Students will be accepted in order of their total points. Students that are not accepted will be placed on a waiting list in order based on their scores.
All students must reapply for 9th grade no matter where they attend middle school.If a student does not have TCAP scores, the student must submit scores from a test that reports national norms. (Examples include but are not limited to the IOWA Aptitude Test, Stanford Achievement Test, Otis-Lennon School Ability Test, Woodcock Johnson Achievement Test, etc.)
- If you encounter technical problems while completing the application, please use the help link within the Scribbles platform. You can also email [email protected].
- Contact the school counselor at the school(s) your student attended during the 2021 - 2022 and 2022 - 2023 school years.
- Dr. Ash will handle converting your student's scores into percentiles.
- No. There is not an entrance test. You will submit your student's test scores from the two most recent school years (2021-2022 and 2022-2023).
- Contact a testing center near you and arrange for your student to take a nationally normed standardized test. This test must be an achievement test. It cannot be an IQ test. The test should report scores on a national norm.
- No. Central Magnet School does not have a sibling policy.
- The school district provides shuttle busses to the LaVergne and Smyrna areas. You can find additional details about these shuttle busses on the Transportation page of our website.
- You will be notified about the application decision in March 2024.
- There are 125 seats available for incoming 6th grade students, 25 seats available for incoming 7th grade students, and 200 seats available for incoming 9th grade students. For the remaining grades, availability depends on the number of students who do not return for the next school year.
- If you are moving to Rutherford County before the beginning of the 2024 - 2025 school year, you may apply. You must be a resident of Rutherford County before the first day of school (August 2024) to attend Central Magnet School.
- If your student is accepted to the middle school, they will not need to reapply until they are 8th graders. At that point, they will need to apply for high school. If your student is accepted to the high school, they will not have to reapply.