The CMS counselors support the school’s mission to promote the academic achievement of all students as they prepare for the ever-changing world of the 21st century. Middle school counselors enhance the learning process and promote academic achievement. School counseling programs are essential for students to achieve optimal personal growth, acquire positive social skills and values, set appropriate career goals and realize full academic potential to become productive, contributing members of the world community. The following services are provided for our students in a variety of settings such as individual, academic classes, and advisory groups:
• Organizational, study and test-taking skills
• Education in understanding self and others
• Coping skills
• Peer relationships and effective social skills
• Communication, problem-solving, decision-making and conflict resolution
• Career awareness, exploration and planning
• Academic planning, goal-setting and decision- making
• Education in understanding of self, including strengths and weaknesses
• Transition planning to high school
Duke TIP Program has announced they are pausing the program at this time. See Duke TIP for information.
Rutherford County is offering a Summer Learning Program for grades K-8 in June.