H.O.L.A (Hispanic Organization for Leadership and Awareness) Rotation A
H.O.L.A (Hispanic Organization for Leadership and Awareness) is a club at Central Magnet School that is the fulfillment of an idea proposed by Hispanic heritage students (students with a background in a Spanish Speaking country) at our school. The club was established in August 2023. The organization is open to high school students and Mrs. Kime is the sponsor of this organization.
The mission and purpose of this organization is to recognize, acknowledge, and celebrate the diversity in our school population.
Members of the organization will help each other become more successful students by sharing experiences. Students will have the opportunity participate in leadership activities to support our local Hispanic Community.
H.O.L.A will emphasize the Hispanic American development as well as social and cultural promotion.
The CMS H.O.L.A is committed to:
- Promote and preserve Hispanic American culture and unity.
- Promote cross-cultural communication.
- Raise awareness of the rising number of Hispanic students at Central Magnet Students and what they contribute to the school.
- Support the Hispanic American students as they obtain leadership roles at CMS.
- Advocate for a fair voice for minorities in our community by collaborating with similar organizations in the school.
H.O.L.A @ CMS seeks to inform all, inspire those around us, and empower each other as we take the opportunities that are laid before us and make a positive difference in our world.
Membership Requirements and Expectations
- Participate in Outreach Activities – as planned by club members
- Participation/Completion of at least one H.O.L.A service project
- Club Meeting Attendance