Congratulations to our new NHS members!
Our induction ceremony will be held February 29 in the Central Magnet School Auditorium. The ceremony will begin at 6PM. Students and family are welcomed attend and remain for refreshments after the ceremony.
National Honor Society is an invitation only club for Juniors and Seniors. It is the nation's premier organization established to recognize outstanding high school students. More than just an honor roll, NHS serves to honor those students who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of Scholarship, Leadership, Service, and Character.
Central Magnet School holds high standards for all of its students, especially those in the National Honor Society. Membership in Central's NHS is open to second semester juniors and seniors who have a cumulative GPA of 3.75. Applicants undergo a rigorous review by a board Central Magnet teachers, who consider the extent of each applicant's qualifications in the areas of service, leadership, and character.
New NHS members: Sign up for Remind: Text @CMSNHS2025 to 81010 for announcements
- Please fill out this form: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=j8uWO0wXZUuC61zDi54GbM3Ttbdsza1AnMH9S57mIOBURjBKNVQ2UTVNN1dTNllZR01OUEUzMklCUS4uQCNjPTEu
- Please join our club Teams page. See Mr. Windham for the join code.
- We'll have a Signup for projects this semester soon. Our main project will be for Teacher Appreciation week in early May.
- New Senior members - see the requirements below to graduate in good standing
Prospective NHS Members: An invitation to apply for membership will be sent out in January to eligible juniors and seniors.
NHS Members inducted in 2024:
- Check out our Teams page for more specific announcements. All current members have been added.
- If you did not complete a club service project last semester, you'll be required to participate in one this semester.
- To graduate in good standing and receive a club stole to wear at graduation, you'll need to do the following:
- Pay $40 in dues
- turn in/email a copy of your Central required service hours to me ([email protected]) as well as your advisor
- participate in a club sponsored service project either last semester or this.
President: Helen Smith
VP: Josie Bush
Sec/Treas: Anna Niedzielski
Activities Chair: Alisa Rowell
“Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.”--John Wooden