Online Zoom Meetings
Teachers will provide students with a link to join online meetings. The following security settings have been added by RCS for student safety.
Student will wait in a "waiting room" until the instructor arrives
Private Chat is disabled
Student cameras will be turned off when students join, with the option to turn on
Teachers can mute and turn off student camera
This video demonstrates how to join a Zoom Meeting. Student will not have the join with video option on entry but can turn on cameras once the meeting is started by the teacher.
How to join a Class/Meeting
Join via meeting URL provided by the teacher
Open the email, newsletter, calendar invite, or other communication that contains a link to the prescheduled meeting and click the URL to join the Zoom Meeting.
Best Practices while in a Class/Meeting
Try to join the call at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled call.
• Sign in to the Zoom desktop client and stay signed in.
• Check your internet speed. If you're on free wifi you may need to keep your camera off to improve quality.
• Turn your camera on and have you camera at eye level.
• Stay muted unless you're talking to reduce background noise.
• Make sure you sit in a well lit and quiet place.
• Be mindful of what's going on behind you. Think about having solid wall behind you or turning on the
(Comprehensive Guide to Educating Through Zoom | April 2020)