Community Service Hour Requirements:
High School - 25 Hours
Middle School - 10 Hours
Things to Consider:
- Choose something you enjoy.
- Document your time and get a signature while you are volunteering.
- Turn your hours in as soon as they are complete to your adviser.
- Keep a copy of your hours for yourself.
- Think about your future and volunteer in areas that will give you insight into your future plans.
- Keep a positive attitude!
- Let your adviser or Mr. Nichols know if you are having trouble prior to the end of the year.
- It is a good plan to complete as many hours as possible during the summer.
Where Can I Volunteer?
There are many places in the community to volunteer. Before you decide where to go, ask yourself "What do I enjoy?", "Is there something for which I am passionate?", "Am I already volunteering somewhere?", "Is there a volunteer opportunity that will be of assistance in the college application process or in my future career?". If you cannot find a place to volunteer, visit Mr. Nichols and he will help you brainstorm.
These are just a few ideas, you will need to contact these places before volunteering:
- Linebaugh Library
- Sam Davis Home
- Discovery Center
- Oaklands Mansion
- Local Race for a charity
- Community Centers
- Read to Succeed
- Candle Wishes