SUBJECT BAR: ENGLISH II - NEWSLETTER WEEK THREE 8/27
The newsletter activity will be composed in class each week by the teacher and students. I will include a note from me about the week, and I will cover what is coming up next week. Students will be responsible for writing what we accomplished Monday through Friday of the current week.
COPY FROM THE SALUTATION TO THE CLOSE OF THE NEWSLETTER
Good Day Students and Parents!
This week was a bit of the challenge with the wifi being down. We've also had a lot of students contact traced. Remember, we use TEAMS for all of our communication. I post the lessons PowerPoints, assignment resources, and other information in TEAMS, so be sure, if you are contact traced to be going to TEAMS to stay up to speed and prevent getting behind.
I've had a lot of questions about missing assignments. Students are saying that I've put in their summer work as missing. Two things to know:
1. */25 means I've put the assignment in Skyward but I haven't entered a grade for it. (It is not missing. Remember, the wifi went down and your assignments were on Turn It In. I couldn't access them.)
2. 0/25 means you are missing the assignment and you need to come see me immediately.
Please be sure to reach out VIA email if any need or concern arises. It is the best way to get in touch with me as I am a floating teacher (I do not have my own classroom).
Students, remember the following:
- Submit your newsletter information to the form on TEAMS. If you are absent, be sure and still do this assignment. Instead of writing about what you did, you would write about what you need to makeup. Be specific.
- Bring your textbook and device when you attend class. A lot of students are asking to leave because they've left an item in their locker. Next week, I will be requiring you to have your supplies ready for class.
- Complete one READ THEORY a week.
- Fill out the SIGN OUT form on the website before asking to go anywhere outside of class/CT/other. Then bring your device with the final screen to show me you've filled it out, and then tell me where you are going.
- Reading: Follow the instructions on TEAMS, the PowerPoint, and Form.
- Writing: Follow the instructions on TEAMS, the PowerPoint, and Form.
- Assessments: Follow the instructions on TEAMS, the PowerPoint, and Form.
- Goals for next assessment: Follow the instructions on TEAMS, the PowerPoint, and Form.
- Due: Follow the instructions on TEAMS, the PowerPoint, and Form.
- Reading: Two King passages. Why do we crave horror, and an excerpt from the Shining.
- Writing: Rewrite the excerpt of the Shining; Newsletter; Author's Chair
- Assessments: Group presentations will be happening in class for Dream Collector;
- Presentations throughout the week
- Rewrite of the Shining 9/3
- Read Theory - 1 Quiz
Several students are not writing down their assignments and instructions, and then coming to me when it is time to grade and stating they didn't remember the instructions. Please make sure you are writing down what you need in order to complete the assignment correctly.
I can't wait to see those presentations!
Mrs. Burrows & (Insert Student Name)